Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle. Love others enough to teach them how. Where do you begin if you are thinking about becoming a health coach?
What is a health coach?
A health coach helps define a person’s health and wellness goals and transforms their goals into action. They can also be called wellness coaches as well a a nutritionist. Nutrtionists should not be confused with dieticians who have an education that has met specific professional requirements. There are programs where you can get a certification which will help you set up your own business. You can also find a network marketing company that has mininal sign-up fee and has everything set up for you and trains you.
Steps to become a health coach
After research and exploration, I personally have found network marketing to be the best option. It is the least expensive and lowest risk to becoming a health coach. There are several companies, but you can research to find the best fit for you. When you sign up with company, the team trains you on an established process and you implement it into your own business. They have already done all the work for you by providing the products and marketing materials. You provide free coaching in return for the client purchasing product and in which you earn a commission. This is a much better optiong than working for someone else who pays you only a portion of that.
What a good program should look like
When it comes to health, you want to make sure you are getting the best product, research, and development. Here is a list of what to look for:
- How long has the company been around for? Do they have good growth? What are the reviews and what is being said about the company? Does the company vision and mission match what you are looking for?
- Nutrition Products
- Are they botanically based, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO certified, contain no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners, no trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup or fructose, kosher-certified?
- What doees the program include?
- What support will your clients receive? Will they receive recipes, grocery lists, meal plans, support and coaching, and/or private online group access? What are the results and testimonies you see from clients?
- Does the company focus on more than nutrition?
- Health is more than just the inside. What about skincare that is free of toxins excluding: petrolatums like mineral oil, formaldehyde-donating preservatives, synthetic fragrences, parabens and phthalates, or animal products or by-products.
- Does the company focus on one age group or the entire family? Baby, men, women, teens, retirement.
I would love to hear your story and why you may be interested in becoming a health coach! Please contact me and tell me more about YOU and how I can serve you.